It’s a new year, you have a new budget, you’re ready to sell a lot of cars and you’ve decided on direct mail. You made a great choice. Many dealers I speak to don’t realize just how much direct mail has evolved in the last few years. Among the advances are technologies that engage target audiences and triggers based on well researched consumer data that help determine the right messaging that ensures relevancy at an individualized level.
If you’re not convinced of direct mail’s sustainability, following are seven stats that shouldn’t be ignored.
- Receiving direct mail makes car owners 78% more likely to make a purchase. – Central Mailing Services Direct Mail Statistics 2013
- 46% of adults looking to buy a new car responded to direct mail. – Central Mailing Services Direct Mail Statistics 2013
- 73% of consumers said they prefer direct mail for brand communications because they can read the information at their convenience. Additionally, 62% said they enjoy checking the mailbox for postal mail. — Epsilon’s 2012 Channel Preference Study
- In over 80% of homes the person in the household responsible for collecting and sorting mail will collect the mail at their first opportunity. And, once the mail is brought into the home, 80% will sort the mail immediately while 18% will sort it later that day. — USPS Mail Moment Study
- 59% of respondents agreed with the following statement: “I enjoy getting postal mail from brands about new products.” — Epsilon’s 2012 Channel Preference Study
- 80% of marketers surveyed plan to invest in direct mail in the coming year. 28% reported increases in their direct mail budgets. — Media Usage Forecast 2013
- 78% of people welcome mail that rewards their loyalty. — Central Mailing Services Direct Mail Statistics 2013
2014 looks to be an exciting year for the automotive direct mail industry. At ADS we are looking forward to helping our customers make their direct mail campaigns more effective than ever before. If you would like to discuss a winning plan for making 2014 the best year ever in car sales we’d be glad to help you.